Tuesday, August 15, 2006 [ 12:22 PM ]

MAGIC OF THE BOY WHO LIVED

I thought of not writing about this stuff the other day since I don’t think it was worth writing about. However considering the fact that it’s one of my life’s ironic surprises, I decided to do otherwise.

I have heard about this Harry Potter thing years ago but it didn’t draw my slightest attention. I knew that its movie renditions came from bestseller children’s book authored by J.K. Rowling but nothing more than that. I don’t even know what JK means or if he’s a she or a he. It always amazes me when I see my classmates and friends read those thick books, knowing that placing myself in their shoes, I may not stand reading even a single chapter of it given the fact that it’s all fiction.

But some sort of twist came to me last month. In one rainy morning, which happened to be my day-off, I sat on a chair, stared at the horizon and did nothing else. I’m bored and I cannot go anywhere since the flood outside was nearing waist level. I decided to look for my vcd’s and dvd’s but found all my James Bond and FPJ movie collections not that interesting since I have already watched them more than trice each. So I asked my cousin to lend me something to watch and eventually what he gave me was a 4in1 Harry Potter collection. I watched the first movie and I considered it nice. (I have already watched that before but in a pirated copy that’s why I didn’t appreciate it then) I watched the second until the last movie that day and to my surprise, I was amused by them.

The next day after I’ve had my HP marathon, I was in the office but my boredom didn’t depart. Since there’s nothing much to do then and I felt I wanted to continue the adventures of Harry, I called a friend whom I knew was a big HP fan and borrowed her copy of Order of the Phoenix. I knew she’s a fan of Harry coz she always bring a sorting hat replica bag in school. I read the book at breaks and idle hours at the office and finished it in a week. As expected the book dazed me than the movie.(Note for 1-2’s: I only read the book in the office and it didn’t take any of my priorities. I cannot read the scrolls there since majority of my officemates are INM.)

Knowing that there will always be idle hours at work and with my desire to continue with the adventure I decided to purchase a paperback copy of Half-Blood Prince and I found that book remarkable as far as having the element of suspense and leaving loose ends hanging in mid-air. Finished it in a week and it only leaves me looking forward for the final installment of the series.

Friends told me they can’t imagine me reading Harry Potter…so am I.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! you have just discovered the magic of the greatest witch herself, JK Rowling. hehe... finally chris, after ten years napansin mo din sa wakas! apir

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home