Thursday, August 09, 2007 [ 2:28 PM ]

RAIN

It’s finally raining. The prolonged dry spell that hit the larger part of Luzon has finally ended and it’s something to be thankful of.
The rain pouring hard today in Metro Manila may sound hassle to most people especially for those who needs to travel. But looking at the big picture this rain may just save us from a greater disaster. At the very least, in case you haven’t noticed or you don’t have much time to spend listening to news, our dams are badly in need of it.

Fore sure we will face again the usual problems of heavy traffic and too much flood but that’s not so surprising anymore. The same way that it is not so unexpected to hear the late announcement of the not-reliable-as-always-tandem of Pagasa and DepEd that there is no suspension of classes in all levels, only to retract it in the middle of the day when all of us are already stranded in the flooded street.
But despite of all that I never really loathed the rain. I always liked the sound of the air drumming the metal roof and the cold mist that hits your face whenever you’re walking on the road. I like the opportunity it gives us to wear our jackets and sweatshirts outside the office or classroom without looking stupid. To top it all, I like the rain for the memories it never failed to remind me whenever it drench the arid land.

The rain reminds me of the day when I used to go home from school soaking wet just because I don’t want to use the pink flower designed umbrella of my mom. It reminds me of the excitement I feel whenever I listen to early morning radio newscast waiting for the announcement of the suspension of classes. It reminds me of the wonderful feeling of waking up in the middle of a rainy Saturday dawn and realizing that you can still sleep for the whole bed weather day. And of course, the rain reminds me of the girl I wished I would someday wake up my morning with.

It was the rain that gave me the chance to spend few precious moments with my school days love interest. It was because of the rain that she was not able to go home and was forced to stay at school until six in the evening (luckily I was there for no reason). It was because of the rain that she was forced to stay under my umbrella for almost an hour. It was also the rain that forced us to have a dinner together in a restaurant. It was the rain that made these things possible and it is also the rain that gives me a free pass to travel back in these times, so why hate it?


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yun yun eh. iba rin ang epekto sayo ng ulan. UME-EMOTE ka eh. Hahahaha! :)

Si Daisy ba yan? Hehehe. Name dropping!

7:39 AM  
Blogger chizjarkace said...

Oi hindi ah, highskul pa yan hehe wag ka nga magimbento jan XD

7:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe chris style mo!!!cno b yang girl mo na yan..hehehe masydo ka masikreto eh.hehe bayad kna utang ha..hehehe ok..

6:40 PM  
Blogger arjel said...

hehe chris kilala ko b yan?? sya b un ksma mng mglakad ng mtgal? sabado b yan? haha!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Tol first time kang nag-post ng nakakakilig a. :D And I hope this is the start of a trend for you.

Yikeeeeee... ~_~

1:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AYUN YUN EH! "And of course, the rain reminds me of the girl I wished I would someday wake up my morning with." <- SAVED ON MEMORY STICK! BACKED UP ON DRIVE D:

I might have a very, very good idea who that is. After all, I have contacts in Laco. Hee hee hee. XD

-Art

8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesss naman si Chris Maño At ABS-CBN Dot Com! Syempre kelangan asarin din kita, in the words of Mitch, "ume-emote"! Yahoooo~

But on a serious note, nice entry :) I like that feeling too, about the rain. Hindi yung sa ka-torpehan mo ha, yung sa iba lang. Haha apir Chris XD

2:06 PM  
Blogger chizjarkace said...

@anonymous/any/eliezl/: nakakakilig ba yun? hehe it seems like that but no. Knowing that it was a missed opportunity and will just remain as a dream forever gives me an uncomfortable feeling.hahaha

@arjel/art:
both of you are wrong hehe see? no one knows who that girl was. It means that I'm so good at hiding this kind of stuff XD

8:04 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

"Knowing that it was a missed opportunity and will just remain as a dream forever gives me an uncomfortable feeling."

TALAGA NAMAN. Tol, pang-nobela ah. ~_~

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home